McKinney wins Debate, Nader close second

The Presidential Debate tonight was exceptionally eye opening and informative to the American People, who got to hear not 2 views but 6 visions for America and the Presidency. Including all six candidates that are on enough ballots to win a majority of the electoral college, the American People witnessed a lively and rich panoply of ideas and were offered a true spectrum of political options to consider.

I know that not all will agree with me, but in my opinion, Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney was the most effective at offering true change this election, followed closely by Mr. Nader. If I had to rank the rest, I would put Senator Obama in third, Senator McCain in fourth, followed by Congressman Barr and Mr. Baldwin.

In the first part of the debate, I felt that McKinney’s 14 point plan to address the fiscal crisis facing America right now was right on target. In regards to Nader, I think America understands quite clearly that if Nader were the Chief Executive, like McKinney, government would be working for the people and not the corporations.

On Iraq, McKinney, Nader, Barr and Baldwin were all adamant about bringing the troops home immediately. Obama gets some props for opposing the war ‘before’ it began, but he couldn’t justify his continued funding for it or his urge for the transfer of troops to Afghanistan. McCain was the only one that claimed that we were winning the war in Iraq.

All in all, the debate between all six candidates for President that met the minimal requirements of being on enough ballots to be able to win a majority of the electoral college (sorry, Socialists, I would have loved to have seen you included), was invigorating, entertaining, and lively. America is a better informed democracy (small ‘d’) than it was before it took place.

This fantasy brought to you by greenpartywatch.org.

1. Great fantasy. Thanks.

I was somewhat confused. Because, I thought you were focusing on the reality of how some candidates were included. Third Party candidates had to skip the Commission, skip major media, and put themselves out there. Bob Barr did it through a live set up with Reason. Cynthia and Nader were connected with bloggingthedebates. I think that they were supposed to have input during the debate, not sure that happened. But, supposed to have video with live comments this morning…any minute…at 11am EST I believe…

2. AJ says:

I am glad people care about the country and the world still. I think Nader is more experienced making national and global changes for the better, and helping forge concerned citizens into effective organizations. However, I cannot call McKinney’s heart or honest into question. I also feel that both would actually put government to work for the people, instead of the other way around. I feel McKinney would be derailed by Congress like it seemed she was before, whereas Nader has been effective helping citizens make change (Freedom of Information Act, EPA, OSHA) regardless of position, and he would use the presidency to the utmost to bring power back to the people.
    It is a shame that Obama and McCain, or the DNC and GOP corporate puppets, restrict the debates to where to put the increased military they both promise. I feel Obama is slightly more dangerous because how tricky he is. He pulls in more special interest, lobbyist dollars, using “former” lobbyists and wives of lobbyists to appear as a grassroots peace option, when he is a hollywood production.

3. breaks5 says:

I’m not sure who posted this, but on what are you basing that McKinney won the debate and that Nader finished second? Is this based on the blogging the debates text that she wrote? Is there a link for the transcript of that on their site or Cynthia’s campaign site? I haven’t yet found one.

4. Ronald Hardy says:

I wrote it based on my sadness that there was not an open debate that included all candidates.

It was a “fantasy”, a “what if all the candidates were included…?” post.

Since McKinney and Nader were not included in the debate, whose to say that they wouldn’t have “won” the debate? We can’t know since they along with Barr, Baldwin and the Socialists are not given that national soapbox.

5. AJ says:

It was a nice dream though, that Americans were told they actually had choices beyond where to send the increased military envisioned by the two parties. Can we keep pushing to get the VPs into the VP debates? Washington University seems a little more open minded than AT&T, and students may be more receptive to demanding our real options get a voice.

6. step aside says:

Can you imagine a debate that included both Rosa Clemente and Joe Biden? Sarah Palin and Matt Gonzalez? Wayne Allyn Root and Darrell Castle?

I would PAY to see that.

7. AJ says:

Can we make a difference? Here are the VP debate contacts. It’s Thursday, and run by students that may actually care about Obama’s ambigous “volunteer draft” for students. Also, the man who organized Ron Paul’s money bomb is raising no-minimum pledges to host a third party debate forum, where all 6 electoral college constitutional candidates will be welcome.

“For questions or comments about the Debate 2008 Web site, please contact Colleen Lyerla. mailto:colleen_lyerla@wustl.edu ”

Emerson Media Contact: Barrett Hadican, (314) 982-9101
    For more information, visit http://www.Emerson.com.

AT&T Media Contact: Chelsey Ilten, (314) 982-7705

Wachovia Securities Media Contact: Thom Gross, (314) 955-1459; Sue Madden, (314) 955-5911

Please, spread this with your people. We can do it, but opportunities come and go.

8. AJ says:

Is this real?

Actual Obama transcript:
    “OBAMA: And when my grandfather came back, he came back to a G.I. bill that was going to pay for his college education and FHA loans that would help them purchase a home. There was that sense of sacred obligation that, frankly, we have lost during these last two wars.

I want to restore that.

But it’s also important that a president speaks to military service as an obligation not just of some, but of many. You know, I traveled, obviously, a lot over the last 19 months. And if you go to small towns, throughout the Midwest or the Southwest or the South, every town has tons of young people who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. That’s not always the case in other parts of the country, in more urban centers. And I think it’s important for the president to say, this is an important obligation. If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some.”

9. sankhara says:

Who cares now, the people have made their own debates.

The solutions to debate boredom and constitutional trampling that the government and insurance industries don’t want you to know. They will make the Democratic and Republican debates seem like the stifled public conversations of an elite ruling class, or something…

Third party debates will happen October 23rd, 2008. Today! Real! This Thursday!

Chuck Baldwin, the lean, mean, Ron Paul certified, conservative, drilling, preaching machine will duke it out with the original, constituational, conservational, irrepresable, non-susceptible, civic crusader, Ralph Nader.

LIVE on C-SPAN tonight, 10/23/08!

Also, it will be streamed live by Restore the Republic radio at http://www.rtrradio.com/ .

Please check out http://www.freeandequal.org for more info.

Barr and McKinney were invited, asked for input, and given plenty of time to help coordinate. Ask them to come, as they are still invited, but the people’s time is running short, so we must move on…