The Green Party prepares for its 2010 Annual National Meeting, to take place in Detroit, June 24-27
• Meeting theme: “Another US is possible, another party is necessary”; Green Party meeting coincides with the US Social Forum, also in Detroit, June 22-26
• Web site for the Green Party meeting: http://greenpartymeeting2010.wordpress.com
WASHINGTON, DC — The Green Party of the United States will hold its 2010 Annual National Meeting in Detroit, Michigan, from Thursday, June 24 to Sunday, June 27.
The Green Party’s meeting will overlap with the United States Social Forum (http://www.ussf2010.org), which convenes in Detroit from June 22 to 26. Many Greens will also participate in the US Social Forum. More than ten thousand activists, organizers, artists, and others from the US and many more from other countries are expected to attend the Social Forum.
For information about the Green Party meeting’s schedule of events, registration, and lodging, visit the web site (http://greenpartymeeting2010.wordpress.com). The Media Credentialing page is also online (http://www.gp.org/forms/media
National, state, and local Green Party leaders, Green candidates, and many others will participate in the Detroit meeting, which will be hosted by local Greens and the Green Party of Michigan (http://www.migreens.org). Plenary sessions, press conferences, workshops, committees, public forums, and other features are now being planned for the meeting. For more information about meeting events, contact the Green Party’s national office at email@example.com or 1-866-41-GREEN.
The slogan for the Green Party meeting is “Another US is possible, another party is necessary” — similar to the Social Forum motto, “Another world is possible.”
The Green Party’s 2009 Annual National Meeting took place in Durham, North Carolina. The 2008 meeting, which was the party’s Presidential Nominating Convention, was held in Chicago, Illinois.
Green Party of the United States http://www.gp.org
• Green candidate database and campaign information: http://www.gp.org/elections.shtml
• Green Party News Center http://www.gp.org/newscenter.shtml
• Green Party Speakers Bureau http://www.gp.org/speakers
• Green Party ballot access page http://www.gp.org/2008-elections
• Green Party Livestream Channel http://www.livestream.com/greenpartyus
Audio announcements for the US Social Forum http://soundcloud.com/ussocialforum
Green Pages: The official publication of record of the Green Party of the United States
Winter 2010 issue now online
For Immediate Release:
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Scott McLarty, Media Coordinator, 202-518-5624, cell 202-904-7614, firstname.lastname@example.org
Starlene Rankin, Media Coordinator, 916-995-3805, email@example.com
Wayne Turner, co-chair of the Green Party’s Annual National Meeting Committee, 919-491-3186, firstname.lastname@example.org