This week GreenChange.org unveiled its new campaign for a “Green New Deal”:
Today we launch Green Change’s campaign for a Green New Deal – our answer to our nation’s vast economic and ecological problems.
The Green New Deal is an ambitious program to create economic prosperity together with ecological sustainability.
We are building a coalition of candidates, individuals and organizations to support the Green New Deal – starting today.
Here are the ten policies you endorse by joining the Green New Deal Coalition:
• Cut military spending at least 70%;
• Create millions of green union jobs through massive public investment in renewable energy, mass transit and conservation;
• Set ambitious, science-based greenhouse gas emission reduction targets, and enact a revenue-neutral carbon tax to meet them;
• Establish single-payer “Medicare for all” health care ;
• Provide tuition-free public higher education;
• Change trade agreements to improve labor, environmental, consumer, health and safety standards;
• End counterproductive prohibition policies and legalize marijuana;
• Enact tough limits on credit interest and lending rates, progressive tax reform and strict financial regulation;
• Amend the U.S. Constitution to abolish corporate personhood; and
• Pass sweeping electoral, campaign finance and anti-corruption reform s.
Will you help us turn these ideas into reality?
The first step is to agree on these ten priorities. The next step is to push for specific policies to make them happen.
We need your help. Share your ideas about a Green New Deal on the Green Change network.