This news comes from kygreenparty.org:
Kentucky Green Party Founding Convention – Don’t Miss It!
The first and founding statewide convention of the Kentucky Green Party
When: Saturday, July 23, 2011, Registration & snacks starting at noon. Decision-making time from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Where: The home/farm of Susan Carson Lambert, 1317 Pigeon Fork Road, a few miles northwest of Lawrenceburg, KY 40342 (phone: 502-839-4811)
The convention will be open to all, including the media, but only Kentuckians who are registered members of the Green Party will be able to vote on decisions, and there are several important decisions to be made! There is no registration fee but we will ask for donations to cover costs and help launch the party. Please bring your own chair to sit on.
You can register as a Green by going to the web site of the Kentucky Board of Elections, printing out their voter registration form, filling it out legibly and completely, checking the box labeled “Other,” writing in the words “Green Party,” and mailing it to Frankfort. Please do that asap so you can vote at the convention.
Board of Elections, 140 Walnut Street, Frankfort, KY 40601-3236
1) Approval of Draft Bylaws. (For a Word file with the latest draft, please email Geoff Young at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 859-278-4966.) The floor will be open for proposed amendments, but it would speed things up if you make your suggestions known in advance.
2) Reports on progress made by the statewide Green Party and any local groups
3) Whether to endorse Gatewood Galbraith (Independent) for Governor in 2011. Gatewood and his running mate, Dea Riley, have confirmed that they will be there to answer any questions members might have before deciding that issue.
4) Election of seven-member Executive Committee
5) Any other items that members want to consider, as time allows
About halfway through the afternoon we’ll take a break for snacks and soft drinks; feel free to bring something to share.
If you’re interested in running for the Executive Committee, please email Geoff a short paragraph with your qualifications and reasons for wanting to serve. Copies of your statement will be distributed at the convention. The Green Party encourages leadership by women and members of groups that have tended to be excluded from the political process.
Please reserve a place for yourself (whether you’re a registered Green or not) and help us estimate the attendance by calling Geoff in advance.
Don’t miss this historic event!
FB page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176184799111886
Web page: http://kygreenparty.org/
To get there, you can take I-64 to either: 1) Ky 395 south to Waddy, then left onto King’s Highway (Ky 637), then right at the T onto Graefenburg Rd, then left onto Pigeon Fork Rd; or, 2) I-64 to Ky 151 south, which is also named Graefenburg Rd (you gotta love it), right onto Avenstoke Rd, cross the creek & it becomes Pigeon Fork Rd & gets narrower. We’ll have at least one sign out on Pigeon Fork Rd for you.