Countdown To Double Your Green: 17 Days to Matching Funds
June 12, 2012 in Presidential Campaign
We have until June 30 – just 17 days — to qualify for federal matching funds. I’ve just now recorded a short videothat explains that every donation you make to Jill Stein for President, up to $250, can be matched dollar-for-dollar by public financing – IF, and only if– we get 20 states to qualify by June 30th. We have 10 states right now. You can see the video here. Please donate now.
Silence is not an effective political strategy. Raising your voice is effective. When we get matching funds, we will win a stronger, clearer, and more insistent voice in 2012. And the voice of peace, democracy, economic justice, and sustainability must be heard! Donate right now, and pass this message on with a request that others join you.
Here is how it works:
- We must raise at least $5,000 in each of 20 states.
- The first $250 donated by any individual counts toward that $5,000 goal, and will be doubled once we qualify.
- Our deadline is June 30th. We must submit our application by then to ensure processing before the Green National Convention on July 13th.
Those are the facts. Here’s our progress so far:
We’ve identified 15 priority states for our Double Your Green campaign: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Maine, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, and Virginia. We need your help to put these 15 states over the top.
|15 Priority States||Qualifying Donations as of June 11th|
We’ve already qualified in California, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Washington, Wisconsin and new states Minnesota, New Jersey and Pennsylvania!
3/4 of the way there: New state Texas!
Halfway there: Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and new states Arizona, New Mexico, and Oregon!
1/4 of the way there: D.C., Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, South Carolina and new states Missouri, Maine, and Tennessee!
Most of the states that are currently in the lead are there because they have actively raised funds for the campaign. They’ve held house parties. They’ve sent out fundraising appeals. That’s all it takes.
It’s not hard. And there is a real urgency to putting your state over the top:
- We need matching funds so that we can get on the ballot across the country. The average ballot access campaign costs $2000 to $5000 to run. The toughest states will cost many times that.
- Every day that goes by without the Green alternative on the ballot is another day of fake debate between Wall Street and Wall Street Lite.
- It will take weeks for the Federal Election Commission to process our matching funds application. Every delay could result in missing a ballot access opportunity in a new state.
- June 30th is the deadline. It’s that simple.
Please take an immediate step by making a donation: http://www.jillstein.org/donate. Even if your state is not in the top 25, once we qualify, your donations will also be matched, dollar-for-dollar, up to $250.