The Democratic Green Party of Rwanda has issued it’s interim platform.
DEMOCRATIC GREEN PARTY OF RWANDA
INTERIM POLITICAL PLATFORM
We, the founding members of the Democratic Green Party of Rwanda require that our Government operate within limits set forth in the Constitution of the Republic of Rwanda.
As Green Democrats, we believe :
1. Non-violence and peaceful means of conflict resolution are the best and only solution to national problems.
2. Social Justice and equal opportunity while focusing on personal and social responsibility guarantees a better future.
3. Participatory Democracy is rooted in community practice at the grassroots level. Citizens have the power and Government exists to serve them.
4. Unity and reconciliation of Rwandans should be promoted and ethnic politics be guarded against.
5. Balancing the interests of a regulated market economy and community-based economics with effective care for the ecosystems will lead to Ecological and Economic Sustainability.
6. Government must take special care to protect and defend the rights of the innocent and defenseless members of our society.
7. Government must practice fiscal responsibility, limit taxation and control spending.
8. No individual has special rights above another individual.
9. Government exists to protect and ensure the unalienable rights of the people, which include the right to life, liberty, peaceful assembly, expression, worship and the pursuit of happiness.
10. Our unalienable rights are granted to us by God.
Much more detail below the fold. Continue Reading